We can create the perfect wellness day in the comfort of our home. When I was working , my wellness day was on Saturday. That was the day when I would pay the most attention to myself. Now I just choose one of the weeks days. If you are a very busy person who barely has time for herself , this article might make you laugh with frustration. I am not saying this in the bad way, so no hard feelings! 🙂 I understand what you are going through but even for the busiest of you I can come up with the less time wellness.
Here are my ingredients for a wellness day :
– A glass with cold water – the first thing I drink in the morning to wake up and energize my body . It will make everything running.
– 30 minutes of Yoga – I have a CD for the beginners and it’s mainly stretching , no complicated yoga positions ; For the ones of you that have less time , do 5-10 minutes of stretching in the morning before getting ready for work, if there is absolutely no time in the morning , do it before going to bed.
– A healthy breakfast rich in proteins and healthy fats and a cup of unsweetened green tea ; ( a fried egg, an omelette, smoked salmon, avocado , goat cheese, 2 pieces of dark chocolate as I can not live without chocolate) – I bet even the busiest of you can have a cup of green tea at work or a fish sandwich , or something of the options I gave.
– A face scrub ; – the busiest of you can make it in the evening when you wash your face;
– Honey on the face as a mask – from 5-15 minutes , depending on the time you have – if you are busy you can do it at night before going to bed ;
– Massage my face with argan oil – you can use some vitamin E oil too or even olive oil; You only need few drops.
– Before shower , massage your body with olive oil , as you probably read on my other article; There will be no need to use body lotion after and your skin will feel great. If you have more time you can take a bath and relax for few moments.
– Apply few drops of your favorite perfume before going to bed ; It makes me really happy when I smell nice even if I only go to bed. Nice scents will help you have beautiful dreams.
– Instead of watching TV read two or three pages of a book or even a magazine that will make you more knowledgeable. It has been proved that not watching TV or using computer (because of that light) at least half an hour if not one hour before falling asleep will help you sleep better and feel more rested.
I recently started to do some abs exercises too before going to bed. It doesn’t have to be many but you can increase with one at least every day.
Now, don’t tell me you can not find some time for all of the above! 🙂 It’s simple, it’s cheap , it saves you time and it makes you feel better when you give yourself some wellness time!
I skipped the lunch and dinner , but if it is the wellness day make those meals healthy too. 🙂